Saturday 19 July 2014

Chaps vs. Chaps

**DISCLAIMER!: I love my partner very much...**

So my darling partner and I have been having this long running "disagreement", let say. He agrees to let me think I'm right, I agree to frequently tell him he's wrong. He is under the impression that "chaps" (you know, those super delightful bits of cowboy attire that go over their jeans and graciously show off all the yummy parts....man-lovers, you know what I'm talking about ;) are pronounced "SH-aps". Something about it being derived from the french word SH-blah-blah, etc etc and just not "CH-aps". It's sad and misguided, I agree.

So for perhaps a little over a year now, circumstances come about where this argument resurfaces and we hash it out all over again. Somehow, he has also managed to delude his parents, and draw them over the "shappy" darkside. It's a conspiracy I tell you!

All the while, I end up looking like the naive moron because I have no one to back me up, and he has his whole family! Who, incidentally, find my immersion into this life style hilarious, and therefore appreciate (and I suspect perpetuate...) circumstances when my (questionable!) ignorance is on display.

**Also, my in-laws are pretty awesome people as well whom I care about very much...**

Either way, when he's in his chaps/shaps I don't really care what their proper name is! I'm not usually coherent at that point anyways...

I wish I had a picture of that chappy loveliness to share with you. For now enjoy this picture of two beautiful people :P



1 comment:

  1. I have always called them CHaps too. I think he must be pulling your leg Natalie.

    ReplyDelete